Made of non-porous Borosilicate glass which will not absorb odors or chemical residues
CHEMEX pourover allows coffee to be covered and refrigerated for reheating without losing flavor
Simple, easy to use with timeless, elegant design
The Three Cup Classic Series used together with the scientifically designed, patented CHEMEX®Bonded Filters, will guarantee that our pour over brewing process will deliver the perfect cup of coffee, without any sediments or bitter elements.
Use CHEMEX®Unfolded Half Moon Filters FP-2, FP-2N
Capacity: 1 Pint Height: 8 1/4" Diameter: 3"
1. Get into the grind Grind your favorite whole bean coffee to a medium coarse ground.
2. Filter up Open a CHEMEX Bonded Coffee Filter into a cone shape so that one side of the cone has three layers, and place it into the top of the CHEMEX Coffeemaker. The thick three-layer portion should cover the pouring spout.
3. The scoop Put one rounded tablespoon of ground coffee for every 5 oz. cup into the filter cone. Feel free to use more if you prefer it stronger; our CHEMEX Coffeemaker brewing process eliminates bitterness and acidity.
4. Let it bloom Once you have brought the appropriate amount of water to a boil, remove it from the heat and allow it to stop boiling vigorously. Pour a small amount of water in a circular motion over the coffee grounds to wet them, and wait for about 30 seconds for the grounds to “bloom”.
5. First pour After the grounds bloom, slowly pour the water over the grounds while keeping the water level well below the top of the CHEMEX Coffeemaker (a quarter inch or more).
6. Brew on Slowly pour the remaining water over the grounds, using a circular or back-and-forth motion as you pour to ensure an even saturation of the coffee.
7. Toss the filter Once the desired amount of coffee is brewed, lift the filter with spent grounds out of the brewer and discard. Our filters are biodegradable and compostable.
8. Enjoy the perfect cup Pour your freshly made coffee into your CHEMEX mug and indulge in the flavor.